Transferring Credit From WNCC


WNCC makes every effort to assist students wishing to transfer to other colleges and universities. Most four-year colleges will accept up to 64 or 66 hours of freshman and sophomore level credit earned at a community college.

The generally accepted requirements for transfer to another institution include a minimum of "C'' grades in course work and a program taken at WNCC which corresponds with the program at the institution to which the student is transferring.

The student works with a faculty advisor and transfer advisor to plan a course of study to enable the student to meet the requirements of the four-year institution.

Most four-year institutions recommend that the student complete general educational requirements and lower division sequential courses at the two-year college.

Some vocational-technical credits earned at all campuses also may transfer to many four-year colleges.

Students who plan to transfer credits to a four-year college or university should discuss this with a transfer advisor or their faculty advisor and personnel at the four-year institution. If you are transferring to another college or university, you will need to provide them with your official WNCC transcript. To request your transcript, visit

More information: